Baby Steele

Baby Steele

Saturday, October 31, 2015

CVICU Day 39

Happy Halloween from Palo Alto. Steele is doing well today. Heart function looks great, feeding schedule going very well. Our medical team is still slowly weeing him off the narcotics with Methadone and Versed. There is new conversation starting with the Heart Failure Team and Cardiology about longer term plans if the new heart does not come in a couple of months. Since his heart function has improved, they will evaluate the second of three open heart surgeries, called the "Glenn". 


My Psychologist recommend that I start writing about the heart transplant and possible Glen and Transplant surgeries to begin the initial thought processing of how the next steps will  move forward instead of a reaction that will set off triggers of fear and anxiety. Yes, I began to receive help from the hospital to deal with my stress and anxiety. I am grateful that these services are available to both myself and Rachel. 

Steele celebrated his first Halloween here. Although, I don't think he was happy about his pumpkin head.



No comments:

Post a Comment